First of all, I must say that this recipe is very good. Don’t take my word for it.
Serving size: 3
Overall time: 1 hr. 10 mins.
• 2 ounces ground beef
• 2 slices white American cheese, torn
• 2 slices bacon, chopped, cooked
• 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoons cream cheese
• 1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles (optional)
• BBQ rub of your choice, as required
• 1 small onion, chopped, sautéed
• Thick BBQ sauce as required
• Burger buns to serve
• Mayonnaise to serve
• Lettuce leaves to serve
1. Mix together in a bowl, beef, a little BBQ sauce and breadcrumbs.
2. Do not over mix. Mix together in a bowl, onion, bacon, cream cheese and blue cheese. Divide the meat mixture into 3 ounces portions.
3. Shape into patties by placing the onion cheese mixture in it along with a piece of American cheese. (The patties should be stuffed with the onion cheese mixture).
4. Brush BBQ sauce all around the patties. Sprinkle a generous amount of rub over the patties. Preheat the smoker to 225°F following the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Place the patties in the smoker. Smoke until the internal temperature reaches 160°F. Baste with some more sauce while it is smoking if desire.
6. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a while. Split the buns and spread mayonnaise on it. Place some lettuce leaves on the bottom part of the bun.
7. Place a patty on each bottom half. Cover with the top part of the bun and serve.