This Prime rib will quickly become your go to holiday centerpiece.
Serving size: 4
Overall time: 4-6 hrs.
• 1 prime rib roast (6-8 pounds)
• 8 cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
• 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
1. Preheat the smoker to 250°F following themanufacturer’s instructions.
2. Mix together in a bowl all the ingredients in a bowl except roast and rub it all over the roast. Lay the roast with its fat side facing up on the center rack.
3. Lower the temperature of the smoker to 225°F.
4. Smoke the roast for a few hours until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
5. It takes around an hour per pound of meat to cook. Remove from the smoker and wrap in heavy-duty aluminum foil and set aside for about 15 -20 minutes.
6. Slice it across the grain and serve it along with the juices collected while smoking.