This dark chocolate, smooth dessert is drizzled with vanilla flavor and filled with ganache. It’s a fantasy for people who love chocolate. It’s impressive, easy to make and decadent.
Makes 20 Servings
Cooking + Prep Time: 5 hours 20 minutes including 4 hours chilling time
12 oz. + 16 oz. of cut up semisweet chocolate
2 cups of whipping cream
4 tsp. of pure vanilla
9 medium eggs
½ tsp. of salt, kosher
1 cup of sugar, granulated
1 lb. of butter, softened
Optional: 1 oz. melted white chocolate, milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate for curls of topping
1. To create the torte, grease the sides and bottom of 10” springform pan and set it aside.
2. Combine salt, 1 cup whipping cream, sugar, butter and 17 oz. of chocolate in large pan.
3. Cook while stirring frequently on med-low until butter and chocolate melt. Remove from stovetop burner.
4. Whisk vanilla and eggs together in large sized bowl. Stir ½ of the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture slowly. Return the egg mixture to the remainder of the chocolate mixture and stir until they are combined well.
5. Pour the batter into your prepared pan. Place on baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 45-50 minutes in 350F oven.
6. Remove cake from oven. Cool well on wire rack.
7. Chill in your fridge for four hours or so.
8. To create ganache, heat 1 cup of whipping cream JUST to boiling in a small sized sauce pan. Place 12 oz. of chocolate in medium sized bowl. Add the heated whipping cream.
9. Stir ‘til chocolate melts and becomes smooth. Cool it down to room temperature.
10. Set the torte on a serving plate. Loosen cake and remove the side of the pan. Spread the ganache on top of the torte. Allow some to drizzle down the sides. Cover. Chill in your fridge for a few minutes.
11. Allow torte to sit at room temperature for ½ hour and slice. Serve.