Bacon in desserts? Yes, it can work! There is something about the mingling of bacon and chocolate that Makes this a treat without equal.
Makes 36 Cookies
Cooking + Prep Time: 2 1/2 hours
8 oz. chopped pieces of dark chocolate – should be 65% cacao or higher
2 eggs, large
1 tsp. of vanilla extract, pure
2 tbsp. of bourbon liquor
2 ½ cups of flour, all-purpose
12 oz. of cooked bacon, cubed
½ cup chilled bacon fat, reserved from cooking
¼ cup brown sugar, dark, packed
1/3 cup brown sugar, light, packed
¾ cup sugar, granulated
½ cup softened butter, unsalted
1/8 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt, coarse
1 tsp. baking soda
1. First, preheat your oven to 375F.
2. Combine baking powder, salt, baking soda and flour together in small sized bowl.
3. Beat vanilla, bourbon, all sugars, bacon fat and butter in large sized mixing bowl. Combine well.
4. Add eggs gradually. Beat well after you add each one. Beat in flour mixture gradually.
5. Stir in chocolate bits and cooked pieces of bacon. Drop in rounded tablespoons on cookie sheets lined with baking paper. Leave three inches or so between the drops.
6. Bake in oven for 8-12 minutes. Then allow to stand for two minutes.
7. Remove onto wire racks and allow them to completely cool. Serve.