Prep time: 5 minutes, cook time: 6 hours, servings: 8
- ½ pound bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup of half and half
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, grated
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup almonds
- Preheat the oven for 230 F and bake bread cubes for 30 minutes, until become crunchy.
- Place bread cubes on the bottom of slow cooker pot.
- In the medium bowl combine lemon zest, eggs, almond extract, half and half, cinnamon, ground cloves. Mix well and pour the mixture in a slow cooker. Top with almonds and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- When ready serve with honey or maple syrup.